Friday, June 27, 2008

Father Daughter Date.

Tonight I had the honor of taking my daughter on a date. She's 15 years old and becoming a wonderful young woman. We took the Mazda MX5 with the top down. We haven't gone a a date for quite a while so it was long overdue. When she was about 6 years old and we were living in Minnesota we would take my old convertible to the to the local pastry shop for dates. We would dress up and she would tell me about the important things in her life. Now the important things in here life have changed and I'm more pleased than ever that she still tells me about them.

We went to the Ruby Tuesday just down the street. It's become our new family favorite and we've gone there often enough that we get noticed as regulars. Just after we were seated my daughter mentioned how much she'd like one of the strawberry ice cream deserts as one was being carried out of the kitchen. To our surprise the waitress brought the desert to our table and asked if we'd like it - apparently it was supposed to be for a carry out order (which doesn't get the ice cream on it) but was made with ice cream. My daughter jumped at the offer so we had desert first - on the house, and then enjoyed a delicious dinner. I'm looking forward to our next date and more fond memories.

No comments: